We are looking for: Head of Technical Engineering
Currently we are looking for a Head of Technical Engineering. In this role you are the leader of the Research & Development team, consisting of engineers and product managers. With your technical experience and conscience you will be the ‘voice’ of design and technology at board level. Your key challenge is to focus on the design of products that are configured to order. Furthermore you are responsible for laying out the strategic roadmap regarding future development and implementation.
The ultimate candidate has a strong drive, is pro-active and results oriented. We are looking for someone with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. In this role you combine your strategic planning with hands on actions. Therefore, you are a great communicator at all levels, with highly developed leadership skills.
Functie: Head of Technical Engineering (fulltime)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Leadership responsibility for the R&D Team focused on designing and improving products that are manufactured to order, together with new product development (NPD) activities.
- Lead and develop the product design function into a pro-active, goal oriented team which handles the technical assessment of incoming project opportunities.
- Develop appropriate engineering and aesthetic solutions to challenging deadlines, ensuring that allocated areas of responsibility are carried out quickly and efficiently and with high quality product solutions.
- Responsible for the strategic funnel and for managing the strategic roadmap on development and implementation.
- Develop and implement departmental processes for continuous improvement and ensure that the team follows them. Play an active role in further evolution of existing department processes.
- Drive best practise implementation of project management and NPD tools that will drive accuracy, efficiency, and productivity improvements.
- Drive the implementation of new technology adoption within Veko (from both sister companies and external sources). Particularly, focus on driving the development of products with controls / controllable and sensor enabled capabilities.
- Lead the Product Council meetings and other activities related to executing the NPD pipeline and managing the strategic roadmap.
- Lead design team support and interface with key customers and major project activities.
- Act as the lead design interface with sister companies and in Fagerhult Group design initiatives.
- Responsible for dual site approach with regards to our offices in Schagen and Breda.
- Actively support sales and feedback from the market.
- Responsible for production engineering and optimalisation, and product masterdata management.
- Pro-active and leading member of the management team.
Gewenste opleiding en ervaring
- A minimum of a BSc / BEng degree ideally related to Product Design or Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Extensive proven technical insight.
- Knowledge of Dutch and German market, preferably in lighting industry.
- Around 10 years of experience with product design and manufacture to order, preferably in lighting industry.
- Successful leadership and management experience of a product design team.
- Affinity with electronics and mechanics.
What can we offer you?
- A dynamic, energetic and collegial working environment
- Independency and personal development opportunities
- A challenging and exciting position within a young and driven team
- Hybrid working at own discretion, with sufficient attention for our offices in the Netherlands (Schagen, Breda) and Germany (Duisburg). A minimum presence of 2 days per week in Schagen is required.
- Excellent salary, good fringe benefits and various career opportunities
- Extensive onboarding program to get to know our company and our products.
14 januari 2022
Bedrijf: veko lightsystems international b.v.
Contactpersoon: Claudia Fuhler
Adres: Witte Paal 38, 1742 NLSchagen